Certificate of Advanced Study in School Counseling — Pricing and Requirements
Affordable Pricing: Your complete Certificate of Advance Study in School Counseling costs $4,380. Only $1,095 per 3-credit course!
Alfred University offers a Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in School Counseling to individuals who have achieved a Master’s Degree in another counseling discipline and are looking to be certified as a School Counselor. (This degree does not meet the requirements for students who hold provisional certification as a School Counselor and are looking to make it permanent.)
Eligible Degrees are:
Master’s in Community-Agency Counseling
Master’s in College Counseling/College Student Development
Master’s in School Psychology
Master’s in Applied Psychology
General Counseling Degree
Application Requirements and Procedures
The following items are required as part of the application process:
- Completed Alfred University Application for Graduate Study – Apply online
- A $60 application fee (Make checks out to Alfred University)
- Two AU Applicant Evaluations forms, one of these must be completed by a supervisor of the applicant’s work as a counselor, and the other may be completed by a second supervisor or another counseling professional who is familiar with the applicant’s work as a counselor. The recommenders must use the special AU recommendation form designed for the CAS program, but may also attach letters if they so desire. Letters of recommendation alone are not acceptable. Please click here for an AU Applicant Evaluation forms
- Cover letter / Resume
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Interview with a faculty member
- Personal Statement
AU Downstate Counseling Program Alumni
Graduates of the Alfred University Master’s in Counseling degree programs must complete an abbreviated application form that updates personal information and indicates that they are applying to the program. Once admitted to the program, they must again pay a $200 enrollment deposit that will be refunded once they complete the program. There are no other application materials required for AU Downstate Alumni.
Students interested in applying should call CITE office for further information, 718-923-9333, or visit the Apply Now section of this website.
The Certificate of Advanced Study in School Counseling starts February. All application materials should be submitted by January 15th for the February 2018 start.
The fee for each three-credit course is $1,095. The complete cost for the 12-credit Certificate of Advanced Study is $4,380. Financial aid is available through Alfred University. A $200 enrollment deposit is due upon acceptance into the program. This deposit is refundable upon successful completion of the program.
Courses are offered on Saturdays and/or Sundays during the school year. This program does require one trip to Alfred in the summer. Course location and dates are subject to change. Please download the attached schedule for full program dates.
Non-AU graduates are allowed to transfer up to 6 credits of coursework that conforms to the areas required for licensure. AU graduates who have not met the 6 credit limit in the Master’s program will also be able to transfer courses up to the 6 credit limit. However, the courses must correspond exactly to the coursework in the program, as these are delineated by state regulations.
Don’t Wait. Complete Your Certificate of Advanced Study in Mental Health Counseling and Further Your Career in Education Now.
Call us toll free at 1-877-922-2483 or contact us today to get your Certificate of Advanced Study in Mental Health Counseling.