Pricing and Requirements
Affordable Pricing: Your complete Master’s degree in Counseling and Mental Health Counseling only costs $21,900. Only $1095 per 3-credit course!
Alfred University Downstate Programs is proud to offer a Master’s Degree in Counseling and an Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling. The combined 60-credit program is designed to give graduates a Master’s in Counseling and an Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling. In addition to the successful completion of the program, students must complete the following post degree requirements before LMHC license can be obtained:
• Passing the National Board of Certified Counselor (NBCC) examination or the Certified Mental Health Counselor (CMHC) examination, both of which are administered by the NBCC.
• Completion of 3,000 additional hours of mental health counseling experience under the supervision of a licensed mental health counselor. This equates to approximately 2 years of post-degree experience.
Application Requirements and Procedures
The following items are required as part of the application process:
- Completed Alfred University Application for Graduate Study – Apply online
- A $60 application fee (Click here to pay)
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals (supervisors, previous professors) who can attest to your qualifications for graduate study
- Cover letter / Resume
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts (if applicable)
- Interview with a faculty member
- A writing sample provided at the time of the interview
- Personal Statement (You must submit a written statement describing career goals and reasons for the chosen field of graduate study. Outline topics of special interest and also include relevant experience such as internships, co-ops, or other professional activities.)
Students interested in applying should contact the CITE office for further information, 718-923-9333, or visit the Apply Now section of this website.
The Master’s Degree in Counseling and Mental Health Counseling is a cohort program which starts each summer on campus at Alfred University during the last week in July. Please contact the CITE office 718-923-9333 for application deadlines.
The fee for each three-credit course is $1095. On-campus courses cost $1,095. The complete cost for the 60-credit Master’s Degree is $21,900. Financial aid is available through Alfred University. A $200 enrollment deposit is due upon acceptance into the program. This deposit is refundable upon successful completion of the program.
Courses are offered on Saturdays and/or Sundays during the school year. This program does require a trip to Alfred each summer. Course location and dates are subject to change. Please view the schedule for full program dates.
Alfred University will allow up to six transfer credits. Only courses taken before students enter the program can be transferred. Transfer credits are subject to evaluation by Alfred University faculty. Please see the Apply Now section of this website to download a transfer request form.
Follow Your Passion! Get Your Mental Health Counseling Degree Now.
Call us toll free at 1-877-922-2483 or contact us today to get your Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling.